Let's Dance is a challenge to kickstart dance activity in schools whilst raising money for Sport Relief. We are working with 64 schools across Surrey, Hampshire and Sussex to take part in a simultaneous dance class on Friday 23rd March, 1.30pm.
The Let’s Dance challenge creates an opportunity for over 16,000 children to participate in high-quality dance in their school whilst raising money for a great cause.
As part of this event we are working with Active Surrey, who have offered the schools who raise the most money to perform the Let's Dance Class as part of the Surrey School Games opening ceremony on Tuesday 17th April 2018.
Let's Dance is a free initiative to take part in, all you need to do is learn the class in advance of the challenge and then lead your whole school in the Let's Dance Challenge on Friday 23rd March between 1.30pm - 2.30pm.We ask all participating school students and teachers to donate £1 to take part in the challenge. Donations can be paid into our Sport Relief fundraising page so that we can see how much we've all raised.
How does the challenge work?
- Someone from your school (this must be a qualified dance instructor or teacher who has experience in teaching dance ) learns the Let's Dance class (available here).
- You hold a mass dance class on Friday 23rd March between 1.30pm - 2.30pm using the Let's Dance class.
- Register Below!
Why Let’s Dance?
We want this event to be an opportunity to:
- Help local dance experts connect with schools.
- Help schools make links with high quality dance providers.
- Raise money for Sport Relief.